Friday 8 June 2018

Nottingham Loot

Recent trip to Nottingham led me to the HQ store of Warlord Games. Had some interesting chat with the staff there and of course succumbed to a slight spend:


  • Celtic cavalry
  • Celtic archers blister
  • Celtic chieftains blister
  • Roman general (who in now way looks like Russell Crowe in Gladiator - honest)
  • Roman generals
  • Roman auxiliary command
  • Blood Red Skies - an impulse buy backed up by some interesting reviews I'd read on the internet. I have an idea for this, more when I actually get round to it!
  • Wargames Illustrated - don't always buy this these days but noticed a BLB article!
I was also given a  miniature of a crusader for visiting the store.
I allowed my credit card an evening to recover and then wandered over to Warhammer World (those of a historical disposition may want to look away now).


  • Forgebane - self contained WH40K set with loads of cool Mechanicum models
  • Some Primaris Reavers... no can't explain that one other than I like the skull motif helmets
  • Aeldari web gate - it's scenery, you can't have too much scenery!
  • A selection of paint - this is actually for my Romans and Celts!
Now all I have to do is explain this to the better half, on reflection perhaps I should have brought her back more than a mug...

...or maybe not blogged about it publicly!

2 comments:

  1. But it was a good mug, ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are going to say it, then it might as well be with Space Marines!

      Delete