Saturday 18 January 2020

Blood Red Skies - Test ME109

I bought Blood Red Skies (BRS) last year when I visited the Warlord store in Nottingham. I have in mind for it a day by day Battle of Britain Campaign but as with all my projects there are so many distractions out there!


This is my first test piece for BRS an ME109 out of the starter set. I used Vallejo's Luftwaffe Colours Pre-war to 1941 boxed set for paint. These are designed for airbrush, and I did use my airbrush to do the undersides, however I found the paint excellent for just brushing on though some of the darker colours did require two coats.

The colour scheme I got from the Air Power magazine dedicated to the ME109 and reflects a common pattern used until mid 1940. I have two flights of 109s to paint and the second will be a later 1940 pattern, more grey than green.

Transfers were also purchased from Warlord.

No comments:

Post a Comment