Sunday 23 December 2018

2018 - Review of my Hobby Year

At the beginning of the year I blogged a set of resolutions to take into 2018. So I thought it would be interesting, though likely depressing, to review some of these given 2018 will soon pass by.

1.   I will finish one project before I start another…
Complete and utter failure! I did finish one project some French Light Infantry but then they had been sitting around waiting for years.
Something that actually got finished!
 
I nearly completed the Warlord Ancients starter set but the last six Gauls have been waiting patiently for some transfers on their shields for about six months now.

The mysterious BS Donnybrook project got some items finished but not to a point I could play a game.
The BS Project
 
6mm Napoleonics continued to pile up but not yet been finished or played with.
1812 - Russians still awaiting a French offensive
 
In the meantime I managed to find Kill Team, Blackstone Fortress, Star Wars Legion and Blood Red Skies starter sets and yet never managed to start any of them.

I would type ‘could do better’ but ‘could do something’ seems much more appropriate!

 
2.   Play more games
More failure here. Unfortunately, there were no League of Augsburg weekends this year so I didn’t get my normal fix of Huguenot hedonism and indecision making. I played one game of Star Wars Armada and there’s a half played game of WH40K in the garage I started in June…

 


Star Destroyer in all its glory

3.   Take more photos
Eh… not really… plenty of posts are sans pictures.
 

4.   Kick the WH40K habit
I tried, honest I did, but the temptation of the dark side has been strong this year… next year isn’t looking much better.
One of many moments of weakness...
 
5.   Use that airbrush
Again, a no. Despite having a shiny new one and a fume cupboard to allow indoor spraying, it remains an unloved and unused piece of kit.

So on the minus side I haven’t succeeded in any of my New Year resolutions for 2018. On the plus side I won’t have to think too hard about resolutions for 2019.

Merry Christmas to everybody in blog land.

No comments:

Post a Comment