Friday 3 August 2018

Napoleonic Russian Infantry

More 6mm infantry to add to the hordes gathering in the garage, this time some 6mm Russian infantry.




I continued my experiment of using a coloured base coat on these, this time GW's Caliban Green spray was used. Again, I was pretty pleased with the results with most of my mistakes being hidden from the casual observer simply due to the scale of the figures.




I have been painting my Russian infantry as generic so that they can be added to any unit but of course this is not the case for bases with standards. For reference the white standards represent Siberian regiments and the coloured one a Kazan regiment. The Kazan regiment is still carrying the 1797 issue flag (the others are 1803).



These were part of a productive afternoon of basing I had - note the other regiments were only based by me not painted (see Cheating ).

These included some French lancers, Imperial Guard lancers, Cossacks, Russian and French foot artillery.

No comments:

Post a Comment