Sunday 25 April 2021

Cursed City

More time at home, like everyone else, has led to more time on the internet and as a result I've started to succumb to nice shiny stuff, again. This time the purveyors of original plastic sin, Games Workshop, caught my eye with their latest boxed game Cursed City.

Thus far I have avoided Age of Sigmar mainly because I don't need another collection and I already have a backlog of Warhammer Old World stuff to get through. But I really did enjoy Blackstone Fortress especially since it could be played solo and had a handy way to pack the game up mid-campaign. So, when I saw this would use the same base rules, I made my sniveling self-justifications for adding a new game system and purchased.

Front of box

Promises of lots of plasticy goodness

The good folks are in cream, the bad grey so I guess you could play without painting - I know heresy!

One of the sprues - as I would expect from GW these days highly detailed, delicate and push fit - no glue needed!

A very crowded box - books, cards and board

Lots of counters to punch

And boards to explore

Finally three books - rules for the models in Age of Sigmar, the quests and rules for Cursed City

Because of its grim dark setting Blackstone Fortress had little appeal for the rest of the family but I'm hoping with a fantasy slant I might just get them interested in this. It would make a change from the sedate pace of Ticket to Ride and Formula D!

No comments:

Post a Comment