Sunday 10 January 2021

2021 and all that!

This is gong to be one of those state of the projects posts, it being a new year and all, so you may want to click away now.

2020 started with probably more gaming than I've done since my teenage obsession with rooting through imaginary dungeons to nick gold from dragons. First up was a Sunday of Gaslands Revisited a very chaotic, fun game best played under the influence. This moved on to a few evenings of 10mm Ancients using the Milites Mundi rule set - one of those which builds up to a crescendo with the outcome being determined in the last couple of turns. I also was lucky enough to have a day playing the upcoming Mad for War from the League of Augsburg which is an immense amount of fun (the release I'm looking forward to most in 2021) and resulted in the purchase of many tiny, tiny Dutch ships.

The Dutch Fleet awaits
Sadly these have yet to see action, confined to port when the pandemic struck. Like many other hobbyists this led to a near cessation of gaming (apart from a couple of fun Western shoot outs via messenger) and a concentration on clearing the plastic/resin/alloy mountain. This was quite successful and I find at the end of the year I have finished off a few planes, a 6 mm Prussian army and an inordinate amount of Warhammer pieces of both Grim and Sigmar flavours.

Karl Franz on Deathclaw

Roboute Guilliman

Towards the end of the year I felt a need to start doing some gaming and began a Blood Red Skies campaign using my under utilised garage set up. Some battle reports are forthcoming on this.

Dogfight over Kent

But its all felt a little haphazard, so this year I have decided to formulate a plan, well a list really but plan does make it sound I've put some real thought into it!

This is to try and get me to actually finish projects instead of leaving them half done or worse in their original packaging.

  1. Start and finish the 6 mm Austrian army I have kicking around in various sealed boxes.
  2. Use that army to fight some 1813 engagements, the scenery, scenarios, Russians, Prussians and French are all waiting for them.
  3. Fight the Battle of Britain campaign to a conclusion.
  4. Finish off the two Warhammer 40K armies that are three quarters done (Necrons and Imperial Fists)
  5. Open my Christmas present from 2019
  6. Build that Lego model.
That I think will do, the stretch goal is simply to play a game or two with people in the same room. And I already have a mad plan for 2022 involving the Great Northern War played across three League of Augsburg formats Donnybrook in 28 mm, Mad for War to get some combined arms in and finally Beneath the Lilly banners but in 6 mm (with this scale I reckon I can fight the whole of Poltava in the garage).

But that's for another time.

All the best for the New Year, stay safe. 



2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to see all the LoA games!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's quite a bit of planning, purchasing and painting to do before I get there!

      Delete