Sunday 20 October 2019

October - already!

Where has the time gone? The Great Game came and went and much as I enjoyed the preparation and weekend I was looking forward to getting on with other projects and blogging about something other than cuirassiers.

There is life after cuirassiers, allegedly

But, well, life kinda gets in the way. Nothing bad just a lack of focus on my part means there has been nothing up here other than some more pictures of the Great Game and that was a couple of months ago.

I haven’t been idle; I’ve been mucking about with contrast paints, playing Blackstone Fortress as a solo game and preparing for a solo Blood Red Skies campaign which will follow an RAF Hurricane squadron through the Battle of Britain.

Proof of both Blackstone Fortress and Contrast Paints!
One of the unexpected side effects of the Great Game is I have actually been playing more games thanks to a chance meeting with a couple of former League of Augsburg Weekender veterans at the Carronade show in Falkirk. So, over the past few months I have had a go at Black Powder, Warlords of Erehwon, Battlegroup and Chain of Command. In 2019 I’ve probably played more games than I have over the past five years.

One day some of this will get played with... or at least opened!
This of course has led to more projects… but more of those in a later post.

No comments:

Post a Comment