This ain’t no master class! I have a Soviet army ready for action that’s in dire need of some armour reserves, quantity being the road to a Soviet general’s soul (or his commissar’s).
So here’s my quick and dirty wargames Soviet tank painting guide.
- Assemble and prepare for spraying
- Undercoat T-34s with Games Workshop Chaos Black spray can.
- Spray a base coat of Soviet Armour Green from Battlefront.
- Ink wash with GW Badab Black.
- Edge Highlight with Vallejo 894 Russian Green.
- Second Highlight with Vallejo 894 Russian Green with a little GW Skull White added.
- Paint tracks with GW Chaos Black.
- Dry brush tracks with GW Boltgun Metal.
- Add in any detail you fancy.
- Apply transfers – these are from Battlefront.
- Varnish with Vallejo 520 Matt Varnish.
- Forward to victory comrades!