Sunday 24 November 2019

Nostalgia - SPI's Jena Auerstadt

This was the first wargame I bought - well to be honest my Dad bought it for me - in 1980. I can remember vividly selecting from what looked like a wonderous selection of similar games in John Menzies on Princes Street, Edinburgh. Expensive game - £4.95!

Box in not too bad a condition

It turned up again when I was looking through random boxes in my parents' cavernous loft; must be thirty years since I saw it last and perhaps another five since it was played.
The major difference between SPI and Avalon Hill - SPI boards were paper and this one hasn't fared so well
I don't recall much about it other than it was incredibly difficult for the Prussians to get any better than a losing draw. Guess that would be about right!
It was one of a quartet of games known as Napoleon at War which shared base mechanics

Relatively small number of counters. That die used to be white by the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment