Sunday 10 May 2020

Another Dutch Ship

So definitely been bit by the late 17th Century naval bug and have put in a fleet to the League of Augsburg campaign. It consists of:

Reiger 2nd Rate
Dom van Utrecht 3rd Rate
Kampen 4th Rate
Harder 5th Rate
Asperen 5th Rate

Crews are variable and they all have light guns in keeping with the Dutch standard of the time.

First ship off the brush is the 5th rate Asperen.


Contrast paints again, Skeleton Horde for the sails and Snakebite Leather for the hull. The black and green parts are more traditional Vallejo acrylics. The ship is another from Tumbling Dice (I bought a Dutch starter fleet).



Still no rigging but I will try that on a bigger ship first and work my way down to the 5th rates. Flag is a paper one from Tumbling Dice


So one down and four to go, one of my shorter projects - I might actually finish!


No comments:

Post a Comment