Tuesday 31 December 2019

Review of 2019

It must be in my Presbyterian ancestry to torture myself by looking at last year's resolutions and seeing if I had actually fulfilled any.

You can find the post from January 2019 here but in summary:
1.       Finish those cuirassiers – this is the priority as there is a hard end date for these!
2.       Start planning projects – decide in advance what’s wanted and needed and to what purpose
3.       Finish projects – maybe I can break the habit of a hobby-time and finish something!
4.       Play more games.


So how did it go? Well those cuirassiers definitely got finished:


And even better used at the Great Game.



Planning hasn't really happened, still randomly pushing out stuff from Napoleonics to Ancients to both flavours of Warhammer. Naturally this plays into resolution 3 in that much remains incomplete.


But 4 has been the real surprise. Thanks to a chance meeting at Carronade in Falkirk I have played maybe 20 games this year. These have included Black Powder, Battle Group, Erehwon, Gaslands and Chain of Command. Even managed to do some retro board gaming via Escape from Colditz.


I've also done a bit of solo gaming, mainly Blackstone Fortress which has an excellent card driven AI which has thus far frustrated my attempts to discover the Fortress' secrets. Something to aspire to in 2020 (well I have to have some ambitions...)

No comments:

Post a Comment