Friday 10 August 2018

A Moment of Madness

Finishing projects has always been an issue for me, I'm forever being distracted by the latest shiny toy or niche period.

However, apart from the May trip to Nottingham, I seemed to have got that gene under control somewhat. More painting and less buying, there has even been a game or so actually played in the Napier household and I had grand plans to refight a shedload of 1812 battles in glorious 6mm.

Then I came across the Great Game: Waterloo Replayed a project supporting the Waterloo Uncovered charity which looks to help veterans through battlefield archaeology. The Great Game looks to refight Waterloo in June 2019 with around 80 players taking part.

Before I had given it much thought I found myself in command of the French 13th cavalry division which means I have a lot of 28mm cuirassiers to paint, a lot... three regiments of 37 figures each plus command figures and four 6 pdr horse artillery guns.

Guess that second tranche of  6mm Russian are going to be waiting in their depots for a while yet...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It is... believe it or not I've started having dreams about them!

      Delete